Frequently Asked Questions:
01.Can I wash my Ju-Ju-Be?
YES! You can wash them, even the Earth Leather! Caring for your Ju-Ju-Be and accessories will prolong their long and healthy life and help keep them looking great. Here are the settings the we suggest for best results:
Machine Wash Cold, Gentle Cycle. Line Dry.
…more washing tips of the trade, mostly submitted by our pinkiest fans!
- use mild soap
- spot cleaning is an effective way to clean small areas. use a damp cloth or a baby wipe with a mild cleanser and watch that Teflon work!
- turn your bag upside down so she doesn’t fill with water and unbalance your machine
- wrap her in a pillowcase to keep her quiet and protect her while she slides around your machine. tie your pillowcase at the top just in case your “bling” decides to take a detour off your zipper pull. rhinestones can be glued back on!
- we LOVE a product made by SHOUT called Color Catchers for any of our brighter colored linings
- if she’s extra stinky, dry her in the sun, but we suggest that you turn her inside out first, so she doesn’t get sunburned!
- in general, it’s a great idea to dry her inside out to be sure all the nooks and crannies are covered
- allow a few days for her to dry completely
…a tip on washing our changing pads:
Often your changing pad will be full of air after washing-fold it up and press down to restore her to her natural shape. in humid weather, it can take a long time to dry. Start by squeezing as much water out as you can and if possible, dry it in the sun-satin side up. We know we tell you not to put your Ju-Ju-Be in the dryer…but…if you need extra help on those humid days, you can throw the stubborn, damp changing pad in the dryer on the lowest setting for a very short time.
… now a few tips if you have extra stains that the washing machine didn’t tackle:
- baking soda and water (with a toothbrush) make an amazing stain remover!
- we also love BOOGIE WIPES (saline wipes). yes, you read that correctly…our fave moms LOVE these to get rid of the toughest of stains! we’ve also been told they work great for spot cleaning your changing pads.
- grease stain? try mild dish washing soap…a little dab will do…scrub it in, rinse it off. dry carefully in the sun. (no sunburns!)
- ink stain? carefully try rubbing alcohol or hairspray
… and finally a note about washing in general:
Ju-Ju-Be cannot be responsible for problems that arise out of a rough agitator (tears) or if you wash your bag with an item that bleeds, etc. we wish we could come to everyone’s house and make sure you do it correctly, but we can’t. (sigh)
- sadly we do not suggest machine washing the Be Rich or the Be Tagged, as they contain a stiffener that tends to degrade with water immersion. spot clean please, machine wash at your own risk.
- AgION is a wonderful thing and it fights against yuckies, however you have to heed the basic laws of nature. don’t leave something wet in a dark place for a long period of time, it will grown bad stuff. wash all spills immediately and be sure your bags and changing pads are DRY before you use them again!
02. When are you coming out with new styles and colors?
You can expect new and fun things from Ju-Ju-Be every season…phew!
03. How can I find out about the release of new products?
04. I lost my Bling!
You’ve lost your sparkle? Your bag just isn’t the same without it? Chin up little camper…just let us know exactly what part of which bag you lost your bling from (as there are different sizes). Pinky swear that you are not using replacement parts to bedazzle your jean jacket. Then send us an email:
US customers: firstname.lastname@example.org
UK customers: email@example.com
Canadian customers: Rarequest@alcadistribution.com
Instructions to replace rhinestones are as follows:
1) Put a tiny bit of superglue on a toothpick. (preferably away from your bag in case of accidental superglue explosion)
2) Dab the end of the toothpick onto the indent on your zipper pull or be mine/be major star.
3) Press the rhinestone in.
05. Do you sell replacement changing pads?
Yes we do! Do you want a be light changing pad for your behave or be quick? Did you leave your memory foam changing pad behind at your favorite family restaurant? Please visit the “Spare Parts” area of the “Diaper Bags & Gear” section of our website! Happy Shopping!
06. Can I get a replacement strap for my bag?
Of course, we have a limited selection of replacement shoulder straps and backpack straps to fit most of our bags. Please visit the “Spare Parts” area of the “Diaper Bags & Gear” section of our website.
07. Are your bags and accessories pvc free?
08. Do Ju-Ju-Be bags pass the new CPSIA requirements for lead and phthalates?
09. Tell me about your smart magnets!
Okay, we like our smart magnets! They are quiet-so much better than Velcro which is loud and snags your clothes. They are easy to open and close when juggling a baby or groceries. However it’s good to play it smart! Before using any product near any magnets check the user manual or their website to see if there is a magnet warning. Here is a list to help keep all of your things safe:
CREDIT CARDS – SAFE! We have been carrying credit cards in our bags for over six years with no problems! If you like to be an extra super duper safety gal, put your cards inside a wallet or case, like our business be for extra protection.
CELL PHONES – SAFE! No problem-they don’t have magnetic data storage.
SMART CELL PHONES – Check with your instruction manual.
HARD DRIVE PALM PILOTS – NOT SAFE!
FLASH MEMORY PALM PILOTS – SAFE! Once again, if it has a hard drive, then you need to keep it away from magnets. Check your user manual.
DIGITAL CAMERA – SAFE! It should be okay…especially because I would assume it isn’t “naked” in the bag. You normally have it in a case right? It should be fine anyway!
iPods and MP3 players – NOT SAFE! Please check your user manuals, as many music players have hard drives that are susceptible to damage by strong magnets. The iPod Shuffle and the iPod Nano do not have hard drives (they have flash based memory), so they would be safe.
MAGNETIZED HOTEL KEY CARDS, SUBWAY CARDS or THEME PARK FAST PASS TICKETS – NOT SAFE! These cards are quite susceptible to becoming demagnetized. Please keep them in your wallet or inside of a Business Be.
10. Tell me about Returns and Exchanges from Shop Ju-Ju-Be
Easy. Just go to our Returns page and read it all there! Click HERE to go there in a flash.
Quick note to save you some time….No returns or exchanges on clearance and sale items.
11. How long will it take to receive a refund or exchange?
Once we receive your return it will take approximately 5-7 business days for your return to be processed. During the holiday season, please allow an extra 3-5 business days. Once your return has been completed, you will receive an email confirming your refund.
12. Tell me about Returns and Exchanges on purchases from our retailer or online friends (not purchased on shop.ju-ju-be.com)
Please contact your retailer or e-tailer for instructions on how they handle returns and exchanges. We are sure they will take great care of you!
13. I’d like to carry Ju-Ju-Be products in my store.
If you’re a retailer and would like information on how to carry Ju-Ju-Be in your store, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. How do I find the size of a particular bag?
The dimensions are included in the description of every product. To view the detailed description of a product, click below the product name on “specs”. The dimensions are displayed in this order: W x H x D.
15. Can Ju-Ju-Be make me a bag that is not available on your website?
If your request is part of our Be Unique program, the answer is YES! Please email email@example.com and she will help you build your own bag! If your request is not part of our Be Unique program, we apologize, but at this time we do not make any custom orders beyond our embroidery program. We also cannot make any modifications to bags that we currently sell. This includes adjusting the strap length, adding additional pockets or zippers, etc.