Teflon® and AgION®.
At Ju-Ju-Be we like to think we are really smart…but the truth is that we just have really smart friends. We scour the world for the best companies to partner up with, and it makes our bags great. It’s kind of fun, since now that we’re known for being the pioneers in the bag industry, people seek us out to share the latest and greatest technologies with us. We’re happy to oblige and put their smarts to work. Here are two of our favorite partners:
How it Works:
Teflon® fabric protector repel and release technologies can make every Ju-Ju-Be perform its best. In our awesome bags, Teflon® fends off soil, stains and without impacting the fabric’s weight, look, feel, color or breathability. Teflon® makes it easier to keep the bags looking fresh and clean. Other companies have been working hard to duplicate it, but they just can’t match the superior stain protection of Teflon®.
• Superior oil and water repellency with high durability
• Fabrics avoid stains: saves time, dries quicker, saves energy
• Will not change the look, quality, hand or color of textiles
• Minimal environmental footprint* without compromising performance
• Based on short-chain molecules that cannot breakdown to PFOA in the environment
• Products are listed on existing global regulatory clearances
Environmental Advantages of Teflon®
Because Teflon® fabric protector helps repel and release stains, it can reduce the need for laundering and dry cleaning. That means you’ll be doing less washing, using lower wash and dry temperatures and have less wear and tear on fabrics. By helping you reduce your water and energy usage and increasing the fabric’s usable life, Teflon® fabric protector helps you have less impact on the planet.
In testing, items treated with Teflon® fabric protector:
• Helped prevent the need to wash or spot clean because liquids beaded up and rolled off
• Reduced detergent use and the need for repetitive washing
• Removed stains at lower wash temperatures versus untreated fabrics
• Allowed fabrics to dry 25 percent faster than untreated fabrics using either tumble dry or air dry
Less laundering and scrubbing means fabrics treated with Teflon® look newer longer. Make the right choice, choose Teflon® fabric protector.
What is it?
We’ll let you read from the AgION® experts themselves:
The cornerstone of Agion® technology is silver, a naturally occurring and highly effective antimicrobial agent. Silver has long been known for its antimicrobial properties and Agion®’s zeolite carrier is mineral based and allows “smart” release – slow and steady when necessary. Agion® technology operates at the surface of a product through the controlled release of silver ions which attack microbes and inhibit their growth in three different ways. We offer a variety of silver-based technologies to suit various manufacturing and product requirements.
Want to know how it works? Check this out. (We told you that we have smart friends.)
Agion® antimicrobial solutions incorporate silver ions in a zeolite carrier. The silver ions exchange with other positive ions (often sodium) from the moisture in the environment, effecting a release of silver “on demand”. The patented multi-faceted zeolite crystal carrier provides a three dimensional release mechanism (Figure 1) that provides efficient release of silver ions independent of particle orientation in the substrate.